Thursday 16 April 2015

Lamido Threatens To Jail Maitama Yusuf Before May 29

PDP1


Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido has vowed to jail ex-Minister of Internal Affairs in the Second Republic, Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf, before leaving office on May 29 over alleged diversion of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) campaign funds.


The governor and the PDP had accused Yusuf of diverting the N15 million given him to distribute to the electorate in his constituency in order to mobilize them to vote for the party. They noted that not only did Yusuf diverted the money, he also defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).


“True, I have only five weeks to go, but I will jail you before I go,” Senator Yusuf quoted the governor to have told him.


“We also, today (yesterday) at council meeting, discussed Garun Gabas road contract and by council authority sent all related documents to EFCC and copied same to Buhari, the President-elect.”


However, Yusuf had dragged the leadership of PDP in Jigawa State before a Federal High Court in Dutse for defamation and character assassination. He also vowed to expose the governor’s activities and release the threat message sent to him by the governor.


“He is just not happy with my defection to APC and if he continues to threaten me, I will expose some of his shady deals. So we will see who will be jailed.”


In a statement by Yusuf’s Media Consultant, Mohammed Ismail, the Senator is seeking for an order of perpetual injunction at the Federal High Court, Dutse, against the defendants for defamation of character, asking for N1 billion damages.


“Did they give me cash or cheque? Sule Lamido will never forgive me because he felt I was the one who brought him down.


“Why should he give me money for campaign? Am I a leader of his party? What kind of money?


“This is a person who will never want go down alone. I swear by Allah, he will never relent to want to tear my name.


“Do you remember five years ago, when he revoked a road contract and said I had to refund some money, which turned out to be false?


“He is just blackmailing me for leaving PDP to join APC and to help in its victory in the just-concluded elections. The whole thing is his fabrication,” the statement read.




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment