Wednesday 31 December 2014

Cisse Says Sorry for Elbowing Coleman

Newcastle’s Papiss Cisse has apologised for his violent conduct during the Premier League win over Everton.


The striker received a three-match suspension after accepting an FA charge of violent conduct for elbowing Everton’s Seamus Coleman during the Magpies’ 3-2 win at St. James’ Park on December 29.


“I’m sorry for doing something like this,” Cisse told nufc.co.uk. “I’m not the sort of player who does something like this.”


Papiss Cisse Celebrates His First Goal Against Chelsea on Saturday. Image: Getty.

Papiss Cisse Celebrates His First Goal Against Chelsea on Saturday. Image: Getty.



Cisse’s suspension starts with immediate effect, beginning with tenth-placed Newcastle’s home game against Burnley on New Year’s Day.

The 29-year-old has scored nine times this season and is part of Senegal’s squad for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Equatorial Guinea.


“It is not like me, I am not an aggressive player but in football you cannot do something like this,” he continued.


“I would like to play in the next games but I did something that is not good and the FA were right to ban me.


“I would have liked to play against Burnley, to help us get a win, but I am sure the other players will do well and win the game for us.


“We need points and need to win and it is not an easy match. I will not be on the pitch but my head and my heart will be with the team for the game.”




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment