Tuesday 30 December 2014

I Don’t Expect Your Praises Now; You Will Know My Worth After I’m Gone – Jonathan

The administration of President Goodluck Jonathan is arguably the most widely criticized in the history of democracy in Nigeria, especially due to the several economic challenges being faced at this time. Regardless of negative comments about his administration, the president has said that Nigerians will appreciate the good works he has done for the country after he might have left office.


The president said this on Tuesday, when he received a delegation from Bayelsa State who paid him a visit as part of the Christmas celebration.


“The new year is full of challenges. Everywhere will be hot from the 2nd of January. I am here by the grace of God and the will of Nigerians,” Jonathan said.


He continued: “If I don’t do well the shame will be on you. I will do my best. I don’t expect praises now. It’s when you leave that people will begin to compare you with others. I will do my best to address all the challenges we are having. I will do my best so that when I leave the people will compare what I have done and what others before me have done.


“The seat belongs to the country and it is only the country that can decide who occupies it,” he said.


President Jonathan however enjoined the people of Bayelsa state to pray for the country. He promised that he will continue to do his best for the country.


Governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Dickson, while speaking, said the delegation visited Jonathan to show solidarity with him, as well as express appreciation to Nigerians for supporting Jonathan thus far.


“We are here to show solidarity and to let everybody know that your people in Bayelsa are with you. It is in the spirit of Christmas that we are here on behalf of the people of Bayelsa to wish you, your government and family compliments of the season and a very happy, prosperous and victorious 2015,” Dickson said.


“We bring you prayers and strong message of solidarity. We are here to thank Nigerians for their support for your government,” he added.




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment