Sunday 19 April 2015

Dele Alli Scoops Football League Young Player of the Year

Dele Alli has claimed the Football League Young Player of the Year Award on the back of his scintillating performance for Milton Keynes Dons this season.


The England U-19 international received the gong at a gala ceremony held in London on Sunday evening.


Alli beat Middlesbrough’s Patrick Bamford and Norwich City’s Nathan Redmond to the overall Young Player of the Year prize.




He said at the ceremony: “Just want to say a massive thank you to my team mates. Everything I’ve achieved this year has been down to them. The manager and all the staff have backed me 100% and put so much faith and trust in me – and obviously my family for all their support.


“I’m not going to get too carried away, I’m just going to keep working hard, keep my head down, being professional on and off the pitch, doing as well as I can.”


Alli has figured prominently for coach Karl Robinson’s side as they bid to clinch promotion into the Championship.


The midfielder, who is eligible for Nigeria at senior international level, has scored 16 goals in 41 appearances for the Dons. He was in the books of a host of Premier League clubs before signing for Tottenham Hotspur in the mid-season transfer window, after which he was loaned back to MK Dons for the rest of the season.


Among five nominations for the third-placed League One outfit, Alli also finished as runner-up in the Sky Bet Player of the Year category.MK Dons trail leaders Bristol City by 11 points, but are just a point adrift of second-placed Preston North End on 82 points.




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment