Monday 6 April 2015

Murray to Analyse Losing Streak against Djokovic

Andy Murray is seeking to find an explanation to his poor run of form against Novak Djokovic, following his 7-6 (3) 5-6 6-0 defeat by the world No. 1 at the Miami Open.


The Briton has now lost to Djokovic on hard court in ten straight matches- including the final of the Australian Open and the semi-final at Indian Wells- and has an 18-8 career head-to-head record against the Serb.


“There have been some tough matches- ones where my game has been there, but not (for) long enough to get a win,” he told BBC Radio 5 live. “I need to look at why that is.


Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic after the Former's Defeat at the Miami Open.

Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic after the Former’s Defeat at the Miami Open.



“Last year, I wasn’t where I wanted to be, so it’s this year’s three losses which are the ones I need to look at.”

The victory in a hot, humid and bright Key Biscayne weather secured Djokovic’s fifth title in Miami. The 27-year-old last lost to Murray at the Wimbledon final in 2013.


Murray, who recently became the first British player to record 500 match wins in Open era, said his performance on Sunday was an improvement from his previous defeats against the same opponent at Indian Wells two weeks ago and remains adamant a win of his own will certainly come at some point.


“This match was completely different regarding the level I played,” the Dumblane, Scotland, native added.


“I felt I pushed Novak a lot more than a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t managed to quite get a win yet. I’m sure people will make up their own minds why that is.


“Novak went through a period when he never won against (world number five) Rafael Nadal in a final, but then won six or seven times in a row.


“(World number two) Roger Federer went through a period of not having won against Rafa on clay.”




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment