Tuesday 29 April 2014

Ekiti: Olubolade Assures Fayose Of Victory

cfe19d12a886468aaf8e9670e1ab47f4Immediate past Minister of Police Affairs, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade (rtd) has assured the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship candidate in the June 21 election in Ekiti State, Mr Ayo Fayose, of victory.


In what was widely believed to be a reconciliatory meeting in Ipoti Ekiti, the ex-minister’s town, on Sunday, Fayose and Olubolade pledged to work together to ensure PDP emerges victorious at the polls.


The duo were perceived to be at loggerheads after Fayose defeated the former minister and about 12 other aspirants to clinch the PDP guber ticket. The outcome of the primaries led to speculations that some of the aspirants might work against the party’s candidate at the forthcoming elections.


But speaking at the meeting which was witnessed by supporters of both politicians, Olubolade noted that ‘prostitute’ politicians have everything to lose, including reputation and achievement, saying he was not a fair weather politician and that as a loyal party man, he would abide by the decision of the party.


Said he: “For those asking why I have kept quiet all this while, I say there is no time limit to speaking. I am not a politician who goes in search of greener pastures here and there.


“I am a disciplined party man and would always abide with the decisions of party leaders and I am not the type who would betray his leader. I have my followers.


“They will vote for you. You will get there. I will work for you. You are a grassroots man. My main assignment is for Fayose to win and he will see the effect of my work. APC is running a government of deceit and it must be booted out. Ekiti must be rescued and only Fayose can do that”, he said.


Olubolade also revealed that he was courted by the All Progressives Congress, APC, noting “they were only chasing shadows”.




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment