Friday 30 January 2015

Ward-Prowse Signs Saints Contract Extension

Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract extension that will see him remain at St. Mary’s Stadium until at least 2020.


The 20-year-old made his first team debut in October 2011 and has gone on to notch up a total of 77 appearances in all competitions since then.


“The club is in a fantastic position and ever since I joined the club at a young age I knew it was the right place to be,” Ward-Prowse told Southampton’s YouTube channel.


Sadio Mane Celebrates With James Ward-Prowse After Scoring for Southampton. Image: Getty.

Sadio Mane Celebrates With James Ward-Prowse After Scoring for Southampton. Image: Getty.



He added: “I fell in love with the place straight away.”I’ve been on a fantastic journey, the club has too, and it’s great to extend my stay. I’m really excited for the next few years.”

Ward-Prowse has played in 11 matches for Ronald Koeman’s side since recovering from a broken foot last month. He has made a total of 17 appearances this season.


Koeman said: “He’s one of the young players who is developing himself in a very good way. He will be a great player. It’s always good news, I’m happy that he would like to stay with us. It’s a good signal to the rest of the players.”




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment