Saturday 29 November 2014

2015: Yuguda Denies Anointing Ex-Minister As Successor

Isa-YugudaThe Bauchi State Governor, Malam Isa Yuguda has denied speculation that he has an anointed candidate among the array of aspirants jostling to succeed him on the Peoples Democratic Party come 2015.


Dismissing the speculation, Yuguda said he enjoyed a cordial relationship with all of the aspirants, therefore, there was no way he would choose one ahead of others.


The governor made his position known in a chat with State House correspondents shortly after meeting with Vice President Namadi Sambo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday.


When asked to confirm the report making the rounds that he was backing a former Minister of State for Health, Dr. Ali Pate, the governor insisted that all the aspirants were extremely close to him.


He said, “Well, I do not know your source of information but as far as I am concerned, all the candidates are extremely close to me.


“Pate is extremely close to me, he is just like his younger brother, my immediate past SSG. I have my former Speaker, who is the former Deputy Governor; my Senator, Abdul Ningi, and I have other National Assembly members, who are also contesting.


“So, you can see the calibre of persons contesting. How can anyone say I am supporting one against the other? That is not true”.


The governor attributed the peace being witnessed in the state chapter of the PDP to his insistence on allowing the people choose their leaders.


“We have given every aspirant a level playing field and whoever wants to be my successor will have to be chosen by the people. So, I do not have any anointed person whether at the state House of Assembly level or governorship level. That is why they have no reason to complain”, he explained.


On his next political move, Yuguda said since his life is about service, his people had prevailed on him to represent them at the Senate come 2015.




by Greenstarnetwork admin..

No comments:

Post a Comment